Monday, March 28, 2011

Painting through the Universe


Since I was very little, I have loved the solar system. I read as many books on the planets as I could find, and in the second grade I memorized the composition and size of each. When we went to the planetarium for a planet-themed show I thought I was the luckiest kid in the world; I'm pretty sure my face hurt afterwards from smiling the whole time.

My fascination with our Solar System has not changed but has grown into a fascination and admiration of the universe and everything it contains. Being always on the look out for ways to combine my interests with art, I stumbled on an idea: why not paint my way through the universe? What better subject material?

My goal is to choose a subject each week, paint it, learn some interesting tidbits about it, and post it on this blog. I would love it if you or anyone you know would like to join me in this artistic endeavor! I'll post the week's subject in advance and then we'll all get to work on our creations. 

I'm going to start with the Solar System and within the Solar System I am going to start with our beloved star: the Sun. 

Take some time this week and draw/sketch/paint the Sun with me!




P.S. I'd love to see your Sun-themed art! Send me a link to or an e-mail with a picture of your art and (if you want) I'll include it here in the Sun post. E-mail address: katyannc [at] gmail [dot] com

No comments:

Post a Comment