Sunday, May 15, 2011

Painting through the Universe: Venus

After many attempts at Venus, I am finally somewhat happy with this one. I may or may not have several "practice" (aka failed attempt) Venuses laying around all over the place. But this project is about more than just making pretty paintings, it's about learning and trying new things too! That definitely happened while painting Venus...

Venus is a pretty awesome planet. Super hot, crazy atmosphere. Check out the NASA Venus profile and a Windows to the Universe Venus page.

I hope you like it!



Note: Venus isn't really purple. I found some false-color images in which the planet was purple-ish. Once I saw them, I knew I had to paint my Venus purple.

As always, I would love to hear your thoughts, comments, and suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. Nice painting, Katy! It's like a picture from Nasa - a brilliant planet over a solid dark background. It's interesting to note how mysterious this cloudy planet is - just like its women. ;-)

    ReplyDelete